Find the right contractor for your weatherization, heating system, lighting or other improvement project!
Thurston Energy has created a network of local qualified contracting companies that provide energy efficiency upgrade work, high efficiency equipment installation, and renewable energy systems.
We pre-screen each contractor in our network, and extensively interview them to make sure they are a good fit for our program. Once a contractor is accepted into our program, we place them on a trial period to see if the services they provide to our customers meet our standards. We also keep continual tabs on our contractors to make sure they are providing the best possible service to our community.
Click on the categories below to find a contractor:
Choosing a Contractor
Choosing the right contractor to do energy efficiency upgrades in your home can feel like a daunting task: Who do I choose? What are they bidding? I have two different bids, how do I know if they’re bidding on the same project? Thurston Energy makes it easier for you to get and understand contractor bids by vetting contractors in advance, by going over your bids with you to help you understand them.
Some questions to ask contractors when they provide their bid to you:
- Can you provide me with contact information for a few reference customers?
- What portion of the proposal, if any, qualifies for rebates, tax incentives, or promotional programs through their company?
- Does your company have a quality assurance program?
- What are your company’s warranties on material? And workmanship?
- How long have you been in business doing energy efficiency improvements?
- Will you itemize additional proposal items from baseline proposal items?
- Have you included tax in the baseline price?
For additional information and guidance on selecting a contractor for your next project, you can also reference the Department of Labor and Industries (L&I) quick reference guides:
Hiring a Contractor
Hire Smart Step-by-Step
Hiring a Contractor or Remodeler? What You Should Know
Hire Smart Worksheet
Thurston Energy can also be that third-party, honest advisor for you should you have questions about any bids you receive. Feel free to contact us any time if you have questions or need any assistance.